This is the compiled version of ASPXZipIt Backup for Rackspace CloudSites customers.
Content directory must have permission set of 770:
An automated installer can be found here!
- Download ZIP from above and extract locally on your computer.
- Upload ASPXZipIt directory to your content directory via FTP.
- Move or merge the bin directory into the bin directory located in your content directory.
- Edit the web.config located inside ASPXZipIt directory.
Appsettings CloudFilesUserName - Enter your Rackspace username
Appsettings CloudFilesApiKey - Enter your CloudFiles ApiKey
- Browse to ASPXZipit directory via your browser and backup your site content and MSSQL Databases to Rackspace CloudFiles.
MSSQL Backup Utility:
Things to note:
MSSQL Server must be setup to write to a share with appropriate permissions in place. The utility essentially has mssql write a backup file to disk and then IIS zips and uploads to CloudFiles.
In order to use the MSSQL Backup Utility please be sure to install the following stored procedure:
- To install a stored procedure open up SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)
- Select New Query in the upper right hand corner.
In the query window enter the following:
set ANSI_NULLS ON set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[FullBackup] @FileName nvarchar(256) AS BEGIN SET NOCOUNT ON; BACKUP DATABASE [123456_YourDatabase] TO DISK = @FileName WITH COPY_ONLY, NOFORMAT, NOINIT, NAME = N'Full Database Backup', SKIP, NOREWIND, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10 END
Note: You do not have to do step three if you use the Install Stored Procedure Button.
- Be sure to enter your actual database name where [123456_YourDatabase] is.
- Hit Execute to install the query.
- You can now backup your database to Rackspace CloudFiles.